Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Late Night, Limited Options, Awesome Result

I was stubborn. It was late. Yet, I had an unbridled hunger that needed answered. I took what I had, and I turned it into tasty gold. Wow.

What I Had

1 cup of whole grain rice blend
1 can of drained tuna
6 cloves of pressed garlic
½ package of cream cheese
Fresh ground pepper, ground Italian seasoning, butter.

What I Did

I started the rice blend up first, as that takes a total of one hour to cook. The only prep for this rice is heating up water, butter and salt to boiling, throwing the rice blend in.

Next, I heated up some freshly ground pepper and dry Italian seasoning with some butter and pressed garlic. I took the drained can of tuna and put it on top and stirred it up in that buttery brew. Then, I took the half package of cream cheese and put it on top and swirled it into the tuna. I turned off the heat and wait for the brown rice I to finish cooking.

Once the rice is finished, I swirled that right on top of the cream cheese and tuna mixture. This turned out amazingly! It was just the right touch of creamy from the cheese and flavor from the tuna touched off by the garlic, mellowed by the rice blend.

Explorer Impact Notes
Having whole grain rice around always give you something tasty to eat that’s very easy to prepare.

Canned Tuna is a good source of iron.

Cream Cheese is a good source of calcium.

Whole Grain Rice is a good source of fiber and grains.

A Garlic Press can be an essential tool in cooking.

Dry seasonings are fairly tasteless unless they are warmed before cooking. I’ve found seasoning grinders increase the flavor potential when ground into the bottom of the cooking pan. I then add the butter or olive oil, then begin pressing the garlic cloves into the butter/olive oil/seasoning mix as it begins to bubble. Usually, I grind more seasoning on top of this before stirring it around. This insures flavor-rich butter/olive oil that will flavor anything you stir into it. An easy flavor-infusion technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment